Holiday Electrical Troubleshooting
Electrical troubleshooting is one of the most important things you can do for your home this season. This time of year generally means adding decorative lighting both inside and outside your home. Unfortunately, faulty electrical problems don’t take breaks for the holiday season. If your home is full of outdated electrical features or faulty lighting, this season may not be so cheerful after all. This can be especially concerning if you are planning to have guests over for the holidays. Nothing says “holiday nightmare” like being unable to provide working electricity to your guests. If you don’t properly maintain your electrical system, you may face a wide range of problems. Don’t let electrical issues prevent you from enjoying the holidays this year. The winter season is already a time of higher costs on electrical bills. This is likely due to a heavier reliance on indoor lighting, as well as the addition of exterior holiday lighting. Faulty lights and outlets will only increase your spending even more, especially if they aren’t maintained. Keep in mind, there is also a risk of safety hazards! If your electrical system is not properly maintained, you may be making your home fall victim to one of the 47,000 house fires that occur that each winter. Faulty outlets may also put you at risk of electrocution. If you wish to avoid electrical problems all together this holiday season, consider being proactive! Give Current Electric a call to ensure your electrical system is ready before the holiday begins.
Calling Current Electric for High-Quality Service
Current Electric should be your first choice for electrical service this season. We understand your mind may be preoccupied with gift-wrapping and spending quality time with loved ones this time of year. That’s why Current Electric’s electrical troubleshooting focuses on ensuring all of your needs are met. Let us help make sure your holiday season is fun and safe. It will be difficult to relax this season when you’re constantly worrying over whether your electricity is working properly, but our team of local electricians wants to ensure you don’t have to face that possibility. We can provide a wide range of electrical services throughout the holiday season, guaranteeing a high level of efficiency. If any fixtures need to be replaced, we can provide you with new, more efficient models designed to last you for years. In addition, our technicians are focused on helping you save money on monthly electrical bills, allowing you to gear your savings toward your holiday budget. Best of all, you will keep your home safe from the threat of fires and electrocution, ensuring a more relaxing holiday season.
6 Electrical Troubleshooting Tips
If you are looking for ways to improve your electrical system before the holidays arrive, please take note of these 6 troubleshooting tips:
- Install Whole Home Surge Protection: Power surges can damage electronics and appliances. They can even start a fire! This time of year, homeowners should definitely consider whole home surge protection. The last thing you want this season is to use a brand new appliance, only to have a power surge damage it! Surge protection will prevent this possibility and ensure you get the most out of all your appliances.
- Upgrade Outlets: If you own an older home, your outlets may not be as up to date as they should be. In fact, your outlets may be so outdated that they only have two-prongs, making them incapable of meeting your home’s modern electrical demands. In addition to the inconvenience, these outlets are not sufficiently grounded. This means they will not protect against sparks, shocks, or electrocution.
- Install Additional Outlets: If you find yourself with a list of essential appliances but not enough outlets, it may be time to make a few additions. While plug strips are handy to add additional outlets, this time of year it is of upmost importance to understand that they can become overloaded. Unfortunately, plug strips are a leading cause of electrical house fires. Avoid the risk this season by contacting Current Electric for an inspection, as well as a consultation on how to safely utilize plug strips.
- Inspect Holiday Decorations: You have most likely adorned your home with colorful lighting to ring in the holiday season, but faulty lighting can easily cause a house fire. It’s important to give your holiday lighting a safety check to ensure there is no frayed or damaged wiring that could potentially grow into a huge safety concern.
- Install GFCI Outlets: A GFCI outlet is an amazing feature that can actually shut off electrical power when it senses an irregular current. Basically, this means that the outlet literally detects when irregular use may lead to electrocution, and is smart enough to shut down to avoid a disaster. GFCI outlets are a must in areas of the home where water is more likely to mix with electricity, most commonly in kitchens and bathrooms. These outlets will ensure the safety of you, your pets, as well as your guests – especially small children. So, if you are indeed planning to have guests over at the house this year, you need to ensure GFCI outlets are installed throughout your home.
- Call Current for a Home Safety Inspection: One of the wisest moves you can make this year is calling Current Electric for a thorough home safety inspection. One of our licensed electricians will closely inspect your home down to the last detail. This will ensure all outlets are up to date, determine whether you need electrical rewiring, and ensure you are getting the most out of your lighting. Our inspection may prove to be the most important step that keeps your home safe, not just for the holidays, but for the entire year ahead.
Ensure Your Home is Ready for the Holidays This Season! Contact Current Electric and Ask About Electrical Troubleshooting Today!
Contact Current Electric today if you want to keep your home safe and efficient this holiday season thanks to our highly effective electrical troubleshooting!