Exterior Lighting Upgrades to Consider for the Holidays
Exterior lighting upgrades are perfect for the holidays. After all, the holidays are the most wonderful time of the year—and if you own a store, restaurant, or other business, they can also be the busiest! That’s why the holiday season is the perfect time to consider having some exterior lighting upgrades done. There are many benefits of enhancing your exterior lighting, but here are just a couple of the most important:
- The right exterior lighting can draw people’s focus to your signage, which helps enhance your brand.
- The right lighting can enhance the curb appeal of your business, no matter where you’re located.
- The right lighting can improve the safety around your store, which makes customers feel more at ease and confident—especially on winter days when night falls early.
Exterior lighting upgrades that can benefit your business
If you’re interested in upgrading your company’s exterior lighting, where should you start? Here are a few points to consider:
- Show off your storefront. Whether your business is a steakhouse situated in a restored 19th-century warehouse or a T-shirt shop on a busy street, you’ve likely spent a considerable amount of time and money making it as appealing as possible. Adding some exterior lighting can emphasize the aesthetics of your building and make your business stand out from the pack.
- Draw attention to your signage. Do you have signs on or outside of your building? Then drawing attention to them with a couple of spotlights can help draw people’s attention to them and show them where you are.
- Illuminate your landscaping. Landscaping is an important part of how your business looks and can play a crucial role in how people perceive you. So if you’ve invested thousands of dollars in landscaping, it’s a shame if nobody sees it after dark. You can change all of that with some well-placed lighting that brings out the natural beauty of the plants, shrubs, and trees around your building. And if you have any special features such as sculptures or fountains, you can highlight them using some small spotlights.
- Highlight your entryways and walkways. You probably spend a lot of time thinking about how to make your customers feel good about your business from the moment they enter the building. However, it’s just as important to make it easy for them to find their way to your doors. By installing decorative exterior lighting that complements your storefront, you can gently guide customers to—and through—your doors.
- Add floodlights for safety. Let’s face it: Safety is always an issue. It becomes even more of an issue around the holidays when a lot of people are out spending more money than usual. You should never leave walkways, parking lots, and delivery areas dark because it increases the risk of someone being targeted by a thief or other criminal. Installing floodlights in high-traffic areas and motion-activated lights at quieter areas like the back entrance can add an extra layer of security that your customers, your employees, and your delivery people will be grateful for.
If you still need some pointers on what kind of exterior lighting would best benefit your business, talk with a local electrician who specializes in this kind of work. He or she will be able to advise you on your choices. That way, whatever lighting options you choose will be installed correctly so they operate properly for many holidays to come.
Call Current Electric for more information on exterior lighting upgrades!