Eight Signs That Your Ductless Heating System is in Need of Repairs
What could be worse than a heating system malfunction during the holiday season?
The holiday season is in full swing! Your heating appliances are used the most during the holidays, which means it’s crucial to tune up and repair any damages. Ductless heating systems can be a popular choice for homeowners because of their energy efficiency and low maintenance, but they can still be prone to damages. Nothing makes for a miserable winter than a busted heater, which is why it’s crucial to check for potential damages. As soon as issues pop up, don’t ignore them! Be sure to schedule your ductless repair in Chelmsford, MA with the experts at Ryan Gath Electric.
Signs Your Chelmsford Ductless Heating System Needs Repairs
Just like any major appliance, your ductless heating system is prone to a variety of problems. The average lifespan of a ductless heating system is usually up to 20 years with proper maintenance. Over time, your heater breaks down from use and damages, and you may be dealing with more problems if your ductless heating system is nearing the end of its lifespan. It’s best to catch and repair the problems early, as that ensures your heater works effectively this winter. If you are experiencing any of the following problems, be sure to schedule your ductless repair in Chelmsford, MA.
Signs Your Chelmsford Ductless System is Struggling
- Leaking fluids. Your ductless heating should never leak any fluids, but if it is, your heater could be leaking refrigerant. In order to transfer heat throughout your home, your ductless heating system is equipped with refrigerant. The refrigerant is toxic for your health and a heater empty of refrigerant is nothing more than a fan. If your ductless heating system is leaking fluids, it’s time to schedule your ductless repair in Chelmsford, MA.
- Ice buildup. Whether it’s in the middle of the summer or in the dead of winter, your ductless system can experience problems. If something is wrong with the air conditioning portion of your ductless system, it will affect your heating. Ice buildup on a ductless system might seem harmless when you’re using the air conditioning, but it’s usually a sign that there’s something wrong with the evaporator coil. A dirty coil prevents your ductless system from functioning properly.
- Lack of efficiency. Starting from day one, your ductless heating system’s efficiency gradually starts to decline. If you start to notice that you’re ductless heating system is cycling more often to keep up with your heating demands, it’s time to schedule your ductless repair in Chelmsford, MA.
- Higher utility bills. As your ductless heating system ages, it wears down and loses its efficiency. A ductless heater usually lasts for 20 years with the proper care, but it’s full of components that can break apart from use and needs repair. The older the heater, the longer it runs to keep your house warm which results in higher utility bills.
- Unusual sounds. If you start hearing loud or unusual sounds coming out of your ductless heating system, it could be time for a repair. Inside are several different moving parts, and if damaged, they’ll make noises. Squealing indicates that there could be a problem with the fan motor belt. A hissing sound could mean a refrigerant leak.
- A lack of heat. It sounds obvious, but if you don’t feel any heat coming out of your ductless heating system, it’s in need of urgent repair. The problem could be a clogged air filter or an electrical malfunction. If your ductless system isn’t properly conditioning your home, it’s best to call the experts at Ryan Gath Electric.
- Foul smells. If you start to smell something funky coming out of your ductless heating system, the culprit could be somewhere inside the unit. Foul odors could be caused by the evaporator coil clogged with mold or bacteria. The condensate line could also be clogged, and the water in the pan has mildew. Mold is toxic to your health. If the ductless heating system starts to smell, you’ll want to schedule your ductless repair in Chelmsford, MA.
- The outdoor unit doesn’t work. Everything inside your house may be functioning fine, but your ductless heating system has an outdoor unit that can wear down as well. If you notice something is off with your outdoor unit, it’s time to call Ryan Gath Electric.
If you are experiencing issues with your ductless heating system, don’t wait till you get stuck in the cold. Call Ryan Gath Electric For Repairs This Holiday Season